- Class 1: The Basics of Using a Video Camera – Learn the basic skills need to operate a video camera, including camera components, white balancing, camera angles, types of shots and best practices in shooting video.
- Class 2: The Basics of Lighting – Learn how to set up a lighting kit for the best effect for interviews and fieldwork situations. Discover how to combine minimal lighting equipment with ambient light for good effect and how to avoid pitfalls in lighting.
- Class 3: The Basics of Sound – Learn how the types of microphones that are used with video cameras, and what types work best for what situations. Learn how to mic your subject for the best results.
- Class 4 – Fieldwork – Learn how to get the best recording once you’re out in the field, and no longer in a controlled environment. Discover what to do about wind, how to frame your subject, where to position them so back lighting is not an issue, why you want to record ambient sound separately and how to control for the unknown.
This class is now being offered on an “as needed” basis. If you are interested in this class, please call 325-1238 to schedule a class.
Once you’ve taken all four parts of this class, during any of the sessions listed above, you will be able to borrow video equipment from RCTV* to start shooting your own work!
Class fee is $60 for all four classes and to take the classes, you must be a member or register for a one-year RCTV membership.
* A refundable $50 deposit is required to borrow equipment.