We’ve got an exciting Launch Week lined up for 100.9 FM WXIR, the week of May 16 – 20! We’ll be on air live each night from 6 to 7 PM, and Friday from 6 to 8 PM. We’re thrilled to announce that the following fabulous local talents will be gracing WXIR’s airwaves:
- Monday, April 16 from 6 to 7 PM – Alan Simon on tabla with Jay Baba, a singer and rapper from Ghana
- Tuesday, April 17 from 6 to 7 PM – Rochester Irish Musicians Association performing selections of Irish Music
- Wednesday, April 18 from 6 to 7 PM – Tamra, an R&B Soul Vocalist and Songwriter
- Thursday, April 19 from 6 to 7 PM – Thunderbody, performing all-original Roots, Dub, Noise, Dancehall, Afrobeat and beyond
- Friday, April 20 from 6 to 8 PM – We’ll start the on-air launch week party at 6 PM, then, around Danielle Ponder will perform Acoustic R&B/Soul.
So please tune in to 100.9 FM WXIR any time the week of May 16, but be sure to put it on your calendars to tune in and turn up your radio beginning at 6 PM each evening to hear exceptional local talent!
For a sneak preview of some of the on-air programming, click here.