This fall, in addition to RCTV’s traditional roster of TV Production, Digital Editing and Basics of Videography Classes, RCTV will also offer an exciting series of Fall Producers Workshops. The Workshops will be taught by both RCTV staff as well as by media professionals within the industry. Workshops include:
- Saturday, September 26 from 12 to 2 PM – The Basics of DSLR, taught by Chris Goodknews Cardwell of Good Knews Photography. Chris has shot recording artists such as Trey Songz, Jadakiss, Lloyd, and Fabolous, and is the exclusive of the Rochester, NY Police, Locus Club, Hip Hop Weekly, Hips On Deck Magazine, Breakthru Magazine, Dynasty series and SubCulture Magazine. This workshop is especially designed for anyone thinking of buying a DSLR, or who has one and would like to learn how to master it.
- Saturday, September 26 from 2 to 4 PM – The Basics of The Basics of Lighting for Photography, taught by Chris Goodknews Cardwell of Good Knews Photograpy. See Chris’ description above. No matter what type of photography you do, or anticipate doing, Chris’ tips on lighting will be invaluable.
- Thursday, October 1 from 6 to 8 PM – Fund Your Film, by Christopher J. Wilmot. Chris has worked as an Actor, Producer and Executive Producer. His works have aired on Encore Action Network, Showtime, The Movie Channel, Netflix, been and distributed by Sony/Columbia Pictures and won awards at worldwide film fests. Whether you’re thinking of doing a film, or actively seeking funding, Chris’ workshops will give you insights into funding possibilities and what funders are looking for when they decide to underwrite a film.
- Tuesday, October 20 from 6 5:30 to 7 PM – Marketing on a Shoestring Budget – (Almost) All You Need is a Computer, by Carol White Llewellyn. Carol brings over 20 years of experience working in marketing for non-profits to bear on how to do cost-effective, strategic marketing for small businesses, entrepreneurs and non-profits. If you have big aspirations, but a small budget for your products, service or TV program, Carol offers an à la carte selection of ideas and resources to help bump business.
- Wednesday, November 18, 2015 ~ 6 to 8 PM – The Coolest Effects in Adobe Photoshop, by Rajesh Barnabas. RCTV’s Rajesh Barnabas developed his skills in Photoshop as an Instructional Designer at Element K, a Graphic Designer for Minority Reporter Magazine, and a Media Arts Teacher in the Rochester City School District. The design tips that Rajesh will share covers the coolest effects that can be used for photos, logos, video and more. (limited seating, register early!)
The fee for all classes above is $10 for RCTV Members and $15 for Non-members.
Advance registration is requested for all workshops, and required for the Photoshop Workshop. Click the link below to register.
For more in-depth detail on each workshop, visit our Producers Workshops Page.