If you are an RCTV Member in good standing, the following equipment is available to use once you have completed the appropriate class and been certified to use it:
To use the following equipment, no deposit is required:
- RCTV TV Studio – We have one TV studio, available to members who have completed a TV Studio class and been certified. To check availability, click here, then call 325-1238 to request a reservation. Reservations may be made up to four weeks in advance, and are available on a first come-first served basis. The studio may be reserved for up to a 2-hour time slot. During the 2-hour time frame, it is expected that the producer/member will set up and tear down their set, and re-set all equipment, leaving it in the same condition it is normally found in.
- RCTV Editing computers – We have ten quad core computers with Final Cut Pro 7 and imovie. There is no need to reserve a computer, as there are usually some available. Computers are available on a first come-first served basis. On occasion, the lab may be closed, due to use for teaching a class, which we usually try to post. Members should borrow a mouse at the front desk when they check in.
To use any of the following equipment, you must make a reservation and leave a $50 cash deposit prior to borrowing equipment. It will be refunded once the equipment is returned in the same condition in which it was borrowed.
- (2) Canon Vixia HF R500 and Battery (with SD Card)
- (1) Canon Vixia HG20 Camcorder (HD) and Battery
- (1) Canon Vixia HV30 Camcorder (Tape) and Battery
- (3) Flip Cameras and Battery
- Lighting Kits
- (2) Impact 3 Flood light kit
- (2) Manfroto Tripods
- Audio Equipment
- (1) Microphone (lavailier or handheld)
- (1) XLR Cable
All of the above equipment that requires a deposit may be borrowed for up to 24 hours, unless it’s borrowed over the weekend, in which case, it may be borrowed for 48 hours.