Wondering how to become an RCTV Member? Scroll to the bottom of the page to learn how!
When you become a member of Rochester Community TV, you’re getting involved with an award-winning community media center where creativity meets resources and know-how. Not only does your membership offer you the important member benefits below, it also helps support our ability to offer local community programming and low-cost, high-quality media education programs for both youth and adults.
As a Member of RCTV, you can:
- Work with and get advice from our staff and RCTV’s network of talented producers.
- Enjoy free screenings and discussions of our producers’ latest and most innovative works.
- Borrow equipment and get access to technology at no cost, to produce professional grade work (once certified to use it through taking classes).
- Form a network of friends who can assist you in producing your own show.
- Get priority selection on when your program will air.
- Get a free mini-profile on RCTV’s website when you air a regularly-scheduled program.
- Get access to free and low-cost producer workshops that will assist you in growing your professional skills.
- Have multiple people in your organization enjoy RCTV’s benefits when your organization becomes a member.
- Receive RCTV’s monthly newsletter to get news about RCTV, 100.9 WXIR, film festivals, grants, awards and articles that will help you build your skills as a producer.
- Take the city’s best, most affordable media classes to make your dreams of becoming a producer come true!
There are a variety of options to become a Member of RCTV. If you have additional questions about membership, call (585) 325-1238 between 10 AM and 5 PM and speak with our Front Desk Office Manager.
Individual Member – $60 per year
This level is for individuals wishing to take classes, produce shows, use RCTV equipment (once certified), get Members’ producer privileges, access member discounts on workshops for which there is a fee, and support the mission of RCTV.
Organizational Member – $150 per year (For smaller organizations and congregations with few employees and members, where there would be up to 3 representatives involved in taking classes and using equipment)
If yours is a smaller organization, join at this level. It entitles up to three representatives of your organization to take full advantage of the above Member Benefits.
Organizational Member – $250 per year (For larger organizations and congregations, where there would be up to 6 representatives involved in taking classes and using equipment)
This level is for larger organizations and offers RCTV Member Benefits for up to six (6) individuals. Additional organizational members from the same organization may join at $40 per person.
Student Membership – $20 per year (for Students with ID, age 21 and younger)
Part of RCTV’s mission is to provide training in media production and literacy to youth, so we are pleased to offer a Student Level of Membership for students from middle school to college age. RCTV Student Membership offers the same Member Benefits as does our other levels of membership.
- Dual RCTV/RAFAS (Rochester Association for Film Arts & Sciences) Membership – $89 per year
If you are interested in being a member of RCTV and connecting with a vibrant community of individuals working together to provide support on each other’s films, consider a dual RCTV/RAFAS Membership, that costs only $29 more than membership in RCTV alone and gives you full RCTV Individual Member benefits and entitles you to be a Voting Member of RAFAS.